During your stay with us, we encourage you to be conscious and participate of the change by adopting sustainable practices to help to preserve the environment.
In Costa Rica there exists the program Certification for Sustainable Tourism (CST) administered by the Costa Rica Tourism Institute (ICT). This program was designed to differentiate businesses of the tourism sector, based on the degree to which they comply with a sustainable model of natural, cultural and social resource management.
Hotel San Bada is proud to participate voluntarily in this program. In this way we seek to develop our tourism activities respectfully of the natural, cultural and social environment, as well as the values of Manuel Antonio and Quepos communities. We aim to provide a positive exchange of experiences among residents and visitors, where the relationship between the tourist and the community is fair and the benefits of the activity is shared equally, and where visitors have a truly participatory approach in their travel experience.
Among the sustainable practices carried out at Hotel San Bada can be mentioned the following:
- Hot water from every room of the Hotel is heated by the residual energy of the air conditioner of the same room
- Cleaning products used in the rooms are friendly with environment
- The amenities in the rooms as soap, shampoo and body lotions are biodegradable and environmentally friendly. The plastic bottles of shampoo and body lotion are oxo-biodegradable to speed its natural degradation process.
- The chemicals used in laundry are biodegradables and environmental friendly
- The Hotel has a storage facility where solid waste is separated for recycling, paper, cardboard, aluminum, glass and plastic.
- Constant participation in talks on sustainable tourism, recycling and campaigns for tree planting.
- Staff is trained in first aid and emergencies such as fires.
- The Hotel has two water treatment plants, through a system of tanks with filters that break down waste by bacteria, resulting in 99% filtered water.
- We owned a protected property of over 66 acres with primary and secondary forest.
- We work with local schools, beach lifeguard and other local groups with grants and incentives for their work
- Hotel San Bada is part of the Code of Conduct of Costa Rica, which is against any form of sexual exploitation of children and adolescents, a crime punishable by law. And as responsible management the Hotel will protect the rights and denunciate to the authorities the person who commits the offense, if a case is presented within the installations of the Hotel.
Groups usually hired for shows or activities are local community people.